What Is Extended Shelf Life Processing?
- ESL products are generally processed at or near aseptic processing conditions and filled into clean, but not sterile containers, in a clean environment.
- ESL products generally have a refrigerated shelf life 3 to 6 months, but this will depend on the product and the manufacturer
- Benefits of Extended Shelf-Life Processing
- Can provide a clean label-NO PRESERVATIVES
- Long refrigerated shelf-life
- Fairly available at co-packers
- Can be used for wide range of products
- Disadvantages of ESL processing
- Requires refrigeration
Common ESL Products
- Seasonal products like fruit juices and Eggnogs
- Dairy Milks and drinks
- Plant-Based Milks and drinks
- Soups and broths
- Drinks like lemonade or lime-ade
- Ice-cream mixes
MicroThermics Miniature Plant Trial Services
Let us do the processing work for you! We’ll even help you select and develop your process. Miniature Plant Trials are conducted at our facility where you can formulate and process products at conditions. With our Miniature Plant Trial Services, you can arrive with a concept and leave with a tested and proven formula.